Spending sixteen to eighteen hours a day building things in rural Wisconsin with my #teendesignheroes from the Chicago Public School system leaves little time to share all of the amazing things that are happening with the outside world. This design-build workshop for teens is one of my most important laboratories for testing the limits of learning and how youth participate in making the places they live, learn, work and play. I can’t wait to share some of this year’s insights and experiences but we still have another two days and an amazing structure to wrap up first.
In the meantime there are still a number of great ways you can get a view into this remarkable experience:
1. Follow the #teendesignheroes hashtag on Twitter.
2. Check out photos of the workshop here
3. Watch video interviews of our #teendesignheroes on YouTube
4. Read daily journal entries by our #teendesignheroes at www.wedesignawesomethings.com
5. Read Sarah Malin, of the www.thirdteacher.com ‘s really nice review of her visit with our #teendesignheroes
6. Read Katie Koch, our superstar Teaching Fellow’s, regular reflections on her blog.